Assure IT Pte Ltd (“AIT”) Data Protection Notice (the “Notice”)
Updated as at 30 Jun 2023
1. Overview and Scope
In this Notice, “we,” “us,” “our” or “Company” means Assure IT Pte Ltd (“AIT”), “you”, “your” or “yours” means the persons to whom this Notice applies. “Personal Data” has the same meaning as that defined in the Personal Data Protection Act 2012 (the “PDPA”).
Your personal data privacy is important to us and we are highly committed to protecting and managing your Personal Data in a responsible manner in line with this Notice.
This Notice sets out the collection, use and disclosure of your Personal Data. "Personal Data" means any data or information, whether true or not, about an individual who can be identified either (a) from that data; or (b) from that data and other information to which AIT is likely to have access to.
Personal Data excludes Business Contact Information which means an individual's name, position name or title, business telephone number, business address, business electronic mail address or business fax number and any other similar information about the individual, not provided by the individual solely for his personal purposes.
2. When and what kind of Personal Data do we collect?
AIT may collect, use and disclose the following data about you:
- a. When you provide Personal Data by filling in online or hardcopy forms when applying for AIT’s services or feedback, asking queries, requests and other submissions;
- b. If and when you contact AIT (i.e., telephone calls, chat platforms, social media, faxes and emails), we may keep a record of that correspondence;
- c. Details of your visits to our website including, but not limited to, cookies, location data, weblogs and other communication data, that you access;
- d. When you fill up job application forms to apply for a job at AIT;
- e. If you enter into any contract with AIT, sign up for any services from AIT (e.g., joining AIT as a partner, etc.);
- f. If you participate in any events, exhibitions, seminars organised by AIT or where AIT is a participant;
- g. If and when you respond to any of AIT’s publicity efforts, newsletters and other communication materials;
AIT may collect the following kinds of Personal Data provided voluntarily by you through the different channels mentioned above:
3. What purposes does AIT Collect, Use and Disclose Personal Data for?
- a. Full name;
- b. Business and/or residential addresses;
- c. Business and/or personal email addresses;
- d. Mobile and business telephone numbers;
- e. Date of Birth;
- f. NRIC/ID/Passport numbers, if required;
- g. Gender;
- h. Nationality;
- i. Marital Status;
- j. Religion and Ethnicity;
- k. Educational and employment history and professional qualifications, including testimonials and references;
- l. Medical, legal and financial history;
- m. Next of Kin or family information;
- n. Bank account details;
- o. Photos, if any; and
- p. Curricula Vitae, if any.
AIT may use the information we collect voluntarily provided from you for any of the following purposes:
- a. To perform or carry out AIT’s obligations arising from any contracts entered between you and us;
- b. To enable AIT’s subcontractors, third-party partners, agents and service providers, to fulfil obligations/services as stipulated in your contract with AIT;
- c. To handle services requests and enquiries;
- d. For payment administration purposes;
- e .For communications and publicity purposes;
- f. For government, audit and other regulatory and reporting purposes;
- g. For recruitment and evaluation purposes if you apply for a job with AIT, i.e., to determine job suitability;
- h. For internal reporting and/or accounting purposes; and
- i. Purposes incidental to each or all of the above.
We may also contact you by any means of communication for which you have given us contact details, including but not limited to via email, telephone numbers, and post, for the purpose of getting your feedback or for providing you with information which we believe could be of interest to you or your organisation.
By your submission of your Personal Data to us, you consent to the onward disclosure of your Personal Data to these agents or service providers (as set out under point number 2 of “What purposes does AIT collect, use and disclose personal data for?”) and the processing of your Personal data by these agents or service providers.
We only collect, process, use or disclose such Personal Data, in accordance with this policy. If you are acting as an intermediary, or otherwise on behalf of a third party, or supply us with information regarding a third party, you undertake that you are an authorised representative or agent of such third party and that you have obtained consent from such third party to our collection, processing, use and disclosure of their Personal Data. Because we are collecting the third party’s data from you, you undertake to make the third party aware of all matters listed in this policy by referring them to our agencies’ website.
Whenever AIT intends to use the Personal Data it has already collected for a new purpose, it must first notify and seek fresh consent from the individual for the new purpose.
4. Consent for the collection and use of your Personal Data
In this regard, you should ensure that all personal data submitted to us is complete, accurate and true at the time of submission. Failure on your part to do so may result in our inability to provide you with services you have requested.
Please note that if you do not consent to any of the above business purposes, AIT may also be unable to meet the purposes for which the information was collected.
5. Does AIT disclose Personal Data to third parties?
On occasion, AIT may use third party partners, agents and service providers to assist us in the use of your Personal Data as outlined under point number 3 of "What purposes does AIT Collect, Use and Disclose Personal Data for?" You consent to such use of your Personal Data by continuing to browse AIT’s website.
AIT will not collect or use or disclose your Personal Data unless:
- a. you voluntarily consent to such collection, or
- b. AIT needs to do so to meet its obligations or exercise its rights under employment law or other applicable laws and regulations, or
- c. in exceptional circumstances such as where the processing is necessary to protect the vital interests of the individual concerned, or
- d. in circumstances permitted by the PDPA, its exceptions or any other laws.
AIT will not transfer Personal Data within or outside Singapore unless it is ensured that the transferred Personal Data will be accorded a level of protection which is comparable to the protection under the PDPA or AIT has obtained your explicit consent.
6. For how long does AIT retain your Personal Data?
AIT will cease to retain Personal Data, as soon as it is reasonable to assume that the purpose for collection of such personal data is no longer being served by such retention, and such retention is no longer necessary for legal or business purposes.
When you visit any of AIT’s websites, AIT may collect or analyse anonymized information from which individual information will not be identified. The information collected may include the number of users and the amount of time they stay on our website, which countries they are from, and what mode of device they are currently using to view our website, as well as domain information that helps us to learn our client’s profile, the frequency of viewing. We use this information to improve our website’s content and navigation.
Note that our cookies do not have an expiration date and do not collect personally identifiable information.
8. How does AIT protect your Personal Data?
The Personal Data that we hold about you may be stored on servers in Singapore and on cloud servers (owned by Microsoft and HReasily). AIT implements a variety of security measures to maintain the safety of your submitted information. All electronic storage and transmission of personal data is secured and stored on managed servers with controlled access and appropriate security technologies.
Although every reasonable effort has been made to ensure that all personal data will be protected, AIT cannot be responsible for any unauthorised use or misuse of such information and from risks which are inherent in all internet communications.
Your Personal Data will only be disclosed for the express purpose of delivering the service requested and shall not be sold, nor shall it be disclosed to any other company for any other reason whatsoever without your consent.
9. Links to third party websites from AIT’s website
10. Access and Correction of Personal Data
Please contact us via firstname.lastname@example.org should you wish to have access to or seek to update, correct or withdraw the consent to collect and use your Personal Data. Your email should identify yourself and state which Personal Data and information about its use and/or disclosure is requested.
AIT reserves the right to change this Policy with or without notice from time to time.
Updated : 30 Jun 2023